Tickets for the event on 22nd March 2023 at Sandy Park, Exeter available now at https://swahsn.com/event/bridging-the-gap-2023/, free to innovators.
Bridging the Gap is a distinctive business-led event to support health and care innovators navigate the NHS. The theme for the event is: Integrated Care Systems: What Innovators Need to Know and offers health and care businesses a rare opportunity to build understanding of how Integrated Care Systems in England operate.
- Understand how Integrated Care Systems (ICS) are structured and operate, and what their priorities are
- Learn how innovation can drive improvement and tackle challenges facing health and care systems
- Network and connect with peers and colleagues from across the health-tech innovation sphere, and health and care systems
- Discover how companies sell their innovations to the NHS
- Explore ways to adapt innovations to the evolving health and care landscape
Through a series of panels and workshops, ICS leaders and national organisations will explain their priorities over the next few years as well as how they are addressing some of the key challenges within the health and care sector. Joining them, representatives of local companies will explain how they successfully navigated the NHS to sell their innovations.
The event will offer delegates the chance to meet with local decision makers and access business support to grow their business.
“We know that innovators in our health and care systems create amazing impact for patients across England. This is a vital time for entrepreneurs to make the most of new opportunities presented by the arrival of integrated care systems. Therefore, we are proud to be hosting this important national event on this topic in Exeter this spring.” Judith Stewart, Programme Director, South West Academic Health Science Network.
Confirmed keynote speakers
Keynote speakers from around the country include:
- Dr Matt Whitty, Director of Innovation, Research & Life Sciences at NHS England
- Dr Nigel Acheson, Chief Medical Officer, NHS Devon
- Christina Farrow, Deputy Director for Innovation at NHS England
- Alex Mclaughlin, Deputy Director for Innovation and Growth at Office for Life Sciences
Workshops available to attend throughout the day include:
- Developing a compelling business case
- Understanding evaluation and your innovation’s impact
- Digital Clinical Safety: how to innovate safely in a digital world
- Addressing health inequalities: the critical role of innovators within integrated care
- Net Zero: Creating impact from innovation within integrated care
A range of exhibitors will be present on the day to offer support and advice to delegates working within integrated care. Alongside speakers, panel sessions, workshops and the exhibitor zone, the event will also provide attendees with the opportunity to take part in a 1:1 mentoring session with industry experts from across the AHSN Network.
For media enquiries please contact Anna Lodge, Communications Director, South West Academic Health Science Network, 07967 810911 firstname.lastname@example.org