19th May 2023
NCRI Bladder and Renal Group Strategic Priorities
National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) is launching the new NCRI Bladder and Renal Group Strategic Priorities. The NCRI Bladder and Renal Group has published strategic priorities in research to address challenges and improve patient outcomes.
The group has identified the following priorities on which it will focus its efforts over the next three years:
- Early detection and precision prevention with a view to early intervention in urothelial cancer
- Pre-operative systemic treatment study for kidney cancer
- Risk-adapted follow-up in early stage cancers of the bladder and kidney
- Radiotherapy trial in bladder cancer
- Screening options for patients with small renal masses to inform risk stratification and treatment selection
- Workshop to develop our approach in advanced cancers of the kidneys and bladder building on the work of the group to date
NCRI is inviting applications for a new Chair and Deputy Chair of the group overall, to work alongside Professor Robert Jones, Chair of NCRI Bladder & Renal Group, in the first instance. They are also looking for Chairs and Deputy Chairs for each of the new working groups resulting from the strategic priorities.
Please visit the website for more details of the overall group and working group vacancies.
Deadline: 23:59 on 28 May 2023